Our region stretches SR 56 in the South to the San Diego-Orange County line in the North, including the , which includes the coastal communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar and Solana Beach, and the inland communities of Vista, San Marcos, Escondido, Poway, Bonsall, Fallbrook, Valley Center and multiple Tribal Sovereign Lands.
With a population of more than 1 million and providing over 500,000 jobs, North San Diego County is a dynamic and diverse region. The array of resources and business-friendly cities makes it the crown jewel of San Diego County, attracting businesses and talent from all over the world.
The region is home to several booming industry clusters, including Craft Brew, Clean-tech, life sciences, Telecommunications, Information Technology and Advanced Manufacturing. North County residents have the ability to live, work AND play, making North San Diego County one of the economically vibrant regions in the county.
North County at a Glance
- 1.2 Million Residents
- 37.5% of the overall population of San Diego County
- More than 510,000 jobs
- Home to 26 cities and unincorporated communities
- 40 percent of population contains a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Almost 1 in 5 has an annual household income of $150,000 or more
- Continuing to demonstrate strong growth, adding 6,300 jobs over the last 12 months
- North County’s inventors were responsible for more than 2,800 patents in 2016
- Craft Beer and Beverage employment grew by 89 percent since 2010